Pengenalan

"The Yaslehs

Since 1968, when his first poem Sebuah Sumpah Derhaka was published in Majalah Mastika, our dad, yassinsalleh, has written voraciously, but at the same time is so disorganized that we could hardly keep track of what he has written. It is even worse now that he writes his poems in his phone and sms it to us his children. Believe you me, he spent a lot of money on smsing long poem to us that is sometimes lost to accidental deleting. So we, his three children - Yasleh Rita Ayu, Yasleh Hani Wati, and Yasleh Khaliff Amri - decided that enough is enough, we need to keep some kind of record of his poetry, thus the creation of this blog. This will be a cache to collect all his old poems and a safe to keep all his future ones. In the film world, mentioning my dad's name will immediately brings to mind his 10 awards winning film Dia Ibuku in which he personally won 2 - Best Director and Best Screenplay- but in the literary world the poem ikan-ikan di kaca is synonymous to him, hence the name of this blog.

ikan-ikan di kaca
(buat adik-adikku tom dan ani)

pun mentari sudah tiada api
dan bulan yang merdu
sudah sejuk nyanyinya
di hujung jari jemari embun
kita masih belum terlalu lewat
untuk menerima satu hakikat

ia,
kita anak-anak satu keturunan
yang menganuti escapisme
selama ini
hanyalah
ikan-ikan di kaca
ia
ikan-ikan di kaca.

ikan-ikan di kaca indah alamnya
ikan-ikan di kaca gemulai renangnya
ikan-ikan di kaca manja hidupnya
ikan-ikan di kaca terpenjara sebenarnya.

tidak lama lagi
embun
akan kering
dan mentari
berapi kembali
kuharap
kalian sudah mengerti
bahawa kita
selama ini
hanyalah
ikan-ikan di kaca
esok
masihkah kita
ikan-ikan di kaca?

yassinsalleh
Kuala Lumpur akhir 1969
Dewan Masyarakat, April 1970 "

(dari blog ikanikandikaca)

Dan inisiatif anak-anakku tersayang ini, aku abadikan disini.

Terima kasih Abang, terima kasih Along, terima kasih Adik.

What a wonderful world. - yassinsalleh



Tuesday, November 16, 2010

In Memory Of Mum On The Eve Of Aidil Adha

by Yasleh Hani Wati

Mummy,
adik rindu mummy sangat-sangat. Tak terdaya adik nak menahan air-mata
yang asyik nak gugur. Mummy, takdir tuhan telah memisahkan kita terlalu
awal. The journey of my life waits for me far ahead and I must travel it now
without you by my side. At this moment in time, just shy of two weeks after
your demise, I can’t seem to contemplate what life is going to be like without
your quiet confidence guiding me in the right path to follow. You had always
been there for me Mom,  no questions asked, no judgement laid out, just being
there as a beacon of strength supporting me through thick and thin, letting me
know every now and again of your constant presence by assuring me that
you’ve got my back if anything should fall out of place and I should fall apart.
Mom, you are gone now and all the building blocks of my life which you
helped build these past 31 years has shattered along with my heart. Mom, you
are irreplaceable and I struggle daily now to go on living a life that is devoid
of your charm and grace. I know you wouldn’t want me to stop living my life
just because you are gone now, I know you would have wanted me to move on,
but mom, how can I go on without you, my constant companion, to a life that
now must be lived without you in it? Mum, tomorrow is hari raya haji and it’s
the first of many from now on that I have to celebrate without you. What is a
feast, without your culinary mastery, what is a celebration without you to
celebrate it with? Somehow, I must find the strength to find an answer to these
questions which does not include you in the equation. And this is my struggle
now mom. To contemplate on a life that must be lived without you in it.
What a heartbreaking trial this is. To have lost you and now to have to learn
to live without you is something I am having a lot of trouble accepting. Mom,
I know you are in a better place now and that and that alone give me the only
solace I can find in this dark times. I console myself with the knowledge that
 you are no longer suffering and that at least give me peace; knowing that you
no longer feel any pain. Rest in peace mom. However hard it is for me to
 accept that you are gone, I don’t  begrudge you your demise. I want you to
have a peaceful afterlife and I pray daily that your soul is at rest and that
Allah SWT has placed you among the faithful. Al-Fatihah.

 Adik, Yasleh Hani Wati Mat Yassin
12.25 pm Tuesday 16 Nov., 10
Rumah Uncle Nizar,
Impian Heights, Taman Impian Emas
Skudai. Johor.


No comments:

Post a Comment